I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!
Lesson of the day: Dont lose a thing.
February 4, 2020
Wednesday Jan 15th blog
Today during our meetings we worked on the drive-train of the robot. The goal of the meeting was to get the drive motors on. We started by first putting churros on the robot, so that way we have a way to make sure that the robot is straight and does not move from side to side. Then we started the gear boxes on the drive motors. It was hard to do because everyone that is in the drive-train sub-team is new to this. Since we only had two new motors, we used two old ones. We even had to look for an old machine key because we had misplaced it. So from now on we are going to try hard to place everything back in the bag so we dont lose anything.
Once we had everything we needed we started to attach the gear on to the motor. It took a while because we weren't using the right tool to try and push the clips down that locks on to the motor shaft to make sure everything does not slide out of place. We ended up finding the right tool which was a deep socket wrench that allowed for the clip to be pushed down.
After we finished all the motors we attached the middle wheels.
While that was going on, the Control System worked on setting up the programming laptops with the correct software on a test board. The future plan with the test board is to set it up with the correct program and have two motors that way we can use it to test out ideas that way have better understand how the motor will contribute to the idea.