Our robot has come a long way since the start of January. We have made a great deal of progress every week, always learning something new. This year was our first year ever using a belt system to take in Power Cells from the floor to the top of our robot. It is also the first year we are trying to attempt everything with the robot Along the way we found a list of problems that we had while trying to build the robot. Some of the issues that mechanisms faced were not knowing how to assemble a belt system and how each part intersects with each other. We found the best way to go about this was to CAD out the idea first on On-shape so that way we could see how the belts would work. We started with one belt only but soon realized that it would take two belts because one only would jam the power cells as they went up . We also did not know how rollers worked and the CAD model worked by giving a visual aid. Another problem we faced was that we had a struggle with our control panel idea. We are still working on the prototype but have found that two wheels are better than one. It allows for more areas of support. The last problem we faced was trying to get a hanger on the robot with such little space since we used the entire middle part for in-taking and shooting Power Cells.
Some advice for you is CAD everything out and try to make sure you know what you are building first because it helps along the way and it will life easier